Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trial and Error

It's been 5 weeks since surgery and I have lost 30lbs. I feel like a guinea pig sometimes when it comes to eating. I am trying new foods everyday. Some don't agree with me some do. It is all a big science experiment. The food your stomach digest easily might not necessarily digest well in the small intestine. I found this to be true with Sushi. I was extremely happy that I was able to eat 4 small pieces. I chewed very slowly and it tasted wonderful. But, within a couple of hours I was in the bathroom dumping. No stomach cramps or pain that would have come before with a bad case of diarrhea. It was just there. It didn't last long. I am sure it will be back as I experiment with what I can eat and what I can't.

I have found a new snack. Peanut butter. I ate a small peanut butter and honey sandwich on wheat bread for lunch today. I chewed very slowly and had no problems. I now know a few things I can tolerate and some I should wait awhile before I try them again. I look forward to this new experience. After all, weight loss surgery was one of the best decisions I have every made. I entend to make the most of this new life.

No comments: