Thursday, October 9, 2008

10 Days 17 lbs

OMG. I can't believe how great this has been working for me. I had a followup with the doctor today and I have lost 17 lbs. Today is 9 October. There have been 10 days go by since my surgery. I wore a shirt today that I wore in my family picture (photo in blog) and I don't have the spare tire around my middle anymore. The shirt fell loosely around my middle. I am now feeling the cabin fever. I couldn't wait for the doctor to tell me that I could drive today. I will venture out tomorrow for nails and pedicure. I will be returning to work on Monday.

The bloated feeling in my abdomen has gone. Left behind is just a little discomfort. I don't have an appetite. I don't really get hungry. I just know that ever 4 hours I should ingest something. The protein shakes are really good. Each has 20 grams of protein. I try to drink at least 2 of those a day. I am also doing Profect protein capsules. Each vile is 2 oz and has 25 grams of protein.

I started on more solid foods tonight. I had some tuna and crackers for dinner. For the first time since my surgery, I felt kind of full. I say kind of because I don't have my full stomach anymore. I guess you could say it feels like I have eaten a huge bowl of pasta, but divide that by 8. The feeling I mean. The discomfort is really small.

My experience thus far has been amazing. I will continue to fill you in on my progress weekly. Next time I will include a photo.

No comments: