Saturday, October 4, 2008

5 days 8 lbs

It's been five days since my surgery. I went to the doctor today to have my drain tube removed. The dread I felt before hand was short lived with a quick pull of the tube. The whole procedure didn't last long enough to hurt. I only blurted out a quick, "Holy Cow:!

On lighter note, I am 8 lbs lighter than I was 5 days ago. Drinking the protein shakes and chicken broth has been extremely easy. I have had no appetite, so I am eating or drinking every 2 to 3 hours. I am drinking ice water throughout the day. The doctor told me to start on soft foods for the next week. I bought some oatmeal, yams, yogurt and etc.

I am still taking my pain medication. I am more relaxed and not feeling any discomfort allows me to get around alot easier. Why feel uncomfortable if I don't have too.

Getting around is easier now. I even went to Walmart shopping yesterday. I need to walk so pushing the buggy was rather easy. I did tire out quickly and came home for a nap.

I will call the doctors office on Monday for an appointment in a week. I will keep you posted.

No comments: