Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Back to the grind stone

Today is October 13th. Two weeks post-op. I started back to work today. I didn't sleep a wink last night. The anxiety of knowing I had to get up kept me looking at the clock almost hourly.
The day was great. It was great seeing everyone again. With 20 lbs lost everyone could tell that I was losing already. They said you could see it in my face and neck.

I feel great. By 4:00pm I was ready to go home and rest. I enjoyed a nice dinner cooked by my husband. 3 Brussels Sprouts, A TBL of mashed potatoes, A 2in slice of Chicken and some gravy.
I had eaten or shall I say drank protein throughout the day and didn't realize the feeling I felt was hunger. I chewed the food very slowly and it hit the spot. I felt great. I realize we should take it easy and I promise not to eat too much of anything. I have to try different things. I will never know what I can tollerate if I don't take a bite.

No comments: